I am currently teaching an online course entitled Worship Leadership. The course explores the church’s worship setting beyond just the songs of worship. One of the optional texts is Robbie Castleman’s Story-Shaped Worship: Following Patterns from the Bible and History.
I wanted to posted up what I believe are some important thoughts of hers regarding liturgy – especially in light of the church currently walking through the season of Lent.
Here are her words: Continue reading
A new book hits shelves in just a few days: Still Evangelical?: Insiders Reconsider Political, Social, and Theological Meaning. I appreciate IVP sending a copy my way.
The book has multiple, respectable contributors:
- Shane Claiborne, Red Letter Christians
- Jim Daly, Focus on the Family
- Mark Galli, Christianity Today
- Lisa Sharon Harper, FreedomRoad.us
- Tom Lin, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
- Karen Swallow Prior, Liberty University
- Soong-Chan Rah, North Park University
- Robert Chao Romero, UCLA
- Sandra Maria Van Opstal, Grace and Peace Community
- Allen Yeh, Biola University
- Mark Young, Denver Seminary
It’s Sunday and that normally means I would be posting my weekly ponderings and links. But I wanted to go a different route. I wanted to list 5 books that I’m looking forward to reading in 2018. It is my plan to read many more. But here are 5 specific ones.
As I have been doing for nearly a decade now, here is a list of my most enjoyable reads for 2017.
The list comes in no particular order. Continue reading
The “Weekly Ponderings & Links” for Sunday, December 24, 2017. Continue reading