A new book hits shelves in just a few days: Still Evangelical?: Insiders Reconsider Political, Social, and Theological Meaning. I appreciate IVP sending a copy my way.
The book has multiple, respectable contributors:
- Shane Claiborne, Red Letter Christians
- Jim Daly, Focus on the Family
- Mark Galli, Christianity Today
- Lisa Sharon Harper, FreedomRoad.us
- Tom Lin, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
- Karen Swallow Prior, Liberty University
- Soong-Chan Rah, North Park University
- Robert Chao Romero, UCLA
- Sandra Maria Van Opstal, Grace and Peace Community
- Allen Yeh, Biola University
- Mark Young, Denver Seminary
It’s Sunday and that normally means I would be posting my weekly ponderings and links. But I wanted to go a different route. I wanted to list 5 books that I’m looking forward to reading in 2018. It is my plan to read many more. But here are 5 specific ones.
As I have been doing for nearly a decade now, here is a list of my most enjoyable reads for 2017.
The list comes in no particular order. Continue reading
The “Weekly Ponderings & Links” for Sunday, December 24, 2017. Continue reading
Below is an excerpt from my forthcoming book, Reflections of Immanuel, due out in Fall 2019 via Wipf & Stock Publishers.
The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don’t ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn’t screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
It was Christmas morning. Jimmy was just coming around from the hard-night’s sleep he had encountered. He scanned the room with his half-open, sleepy-filled eyes and then glanced at the clock on the nightstand just next to his bed.
It was 7:08 in the morning. Continue reading