Here are ten top books that I read during the year of 2009. Maybe your interest will be peaked to check them out. They are in no particular order.
1. Justification: God’s Plan and Paul’s Vision by N.T. Wright (I blogged here about the debate with regards to the new perspective on justification.)
2. The Holy Spirit and Spiritual Gifts: Then and Now by Max Turner (I wrote a review about the book here.)
3. Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama (I wrote a review about the book here.)
4. The Gospel Driven Church by Ian Stackhouse (I wrote an article here, which was inspired by some thoughts in this book.)
5. The Blue Parakeet: Rethinking How You Read the Bible by Scot McKnight (Well, I really read it in November 2008, but I wrote a review in earlier 2009.)
6. The Way of the Wild Heart by John Eldredge (I had read it before, but read it again with a new group of guys. Here are my thoughts on the book.)
7. Christ Plays In Ten Thousand Places by Eugene Peterson (I wrote a review about the book here.)
8. The Charismatic Theology of St. Luke by Roger Stronstad (I plan to write a review quite soon. Here it is now.)
9. Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis (I wrote a review about the book here.)
10. Brisingr, Third Book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (I wrote some thoughts about my love for fiction books here, mentioning this specific book.)
I think sometime next week I will list a handful of books that I would like to read for the year 2010.
Here is a list of books I would like to read in 2010.